RINCÓN SURF CAMP OVERVIEW
Rincón Surf School is a fully guided camp that brings you to the Northwest Coast of Puerto Rico to the small surf town of Rincón. Translating to “corner” in Spanish, Rincón has such nicknames as “Los Surfers,” “El Pueblo del Surfing” and has been dubbed the “Caribbean’s Hawaii.” As the home to many of the surf breaks in Puerto Rico including Domes, Maria’s, Tres Palmas, Sandy Beach, and Pools Beach, we at the surf school feel it’s in our best interests to remain located in the wonderful town of Rincón. Our many options give us the chance to make sure we’re hitting the best breaks and the best conditions available.
Here at the Surf School, we know that you are joining us to score some Puerto Rican waves, and we are excited to provide you with an experience that blows your expectations out of the water. Our all-star coaches, guides, and logistics staff are here to help you experience the culture, and show you the sheer amount of fun to be had in Puerto Rico this summer between the in-water time spent surfing, and the plentiful activities on land.
DATES AND PRICING
When the ocean swell is unfavorable for the east or west coast during June, the North Coast of Africa generates plenty of action to create consistent waves all year round. As a result, the Rincón Surf Camp provides the spot to be, as Puerto Rican conditions right now are better than any in the upper 48.
The camp runs for 10 action-packed days, starting June 28th and ending July 7th.
Pricing for Rincón Surf Camp will be available shortly…
THE RINCÓN SURF CAMP EXPERIENCE
This camp is the perfect opportunity for all level surfers to explore Puerto Rico and take their surfing abilities to the next level. With a staff of experienced surfers, our campers will experience all kinds of swells, professional coaching, and a rich, enthusiastic Puerto Rican culture which progresses our guests as both surfers and individuals.
The copious variety in surf locations and consistent swell provides us with the best place to improve as a surfer. Our camp itinerary retains the flexibility to not only catch the best waves, but explore what Puerto Rico has to offer; skateboard parks, hiking trails, waterfalls, snorkeling, and world class beaches. From barreling waves at Maria’s to 40 foot cliff jumping waterfalls, Rincon Surf Camp has you covered for an amazing, unforgettable experience.
LIFE AT RINCON SURF CAMP
Being located in Rincon gives the camp access to dozens of surf spots within a short drive. Whether we are surfing the beaches of Rincón or finding swell up north in Isabela, we will be finding the best waves for the day. A typical day at camp will start with a 2 to 3 hour surf session in the morning and afternoon activity then finishing the day with a 2 to 3 hour sunset surf session. At camp, we plan flexibility into our itinerary, and locate ourselves in the pumping surf zones. Every day at Rincon Surf Camp is different, but they all involve the most amount of surfing possible on any given day.
Below is a list of potential options for our daily activities:
- Hitting skateparks
- Sailboat & Jet Ski Rentals
- Rincon Mini Golf with your own Pine club golf set.
- Rain Forest Adventures & Zip Line
- Camuy Cave Adventures
- Waterfall cliff jumping
- Beach Volleyball
- Mountain Biking
- Guajataca Lake adventure
- Fishing with equipment like the best baitcaster for beginners are included.
Our private facility, Las Palmas Inn, is located less than a quarter mile from the surf school. The Inn has walking access to the nearby beaches, and is the perfect choice for our doubles and triples. Some of our surf coaches live at the Inn in order to ensure proper camper safety as well.
- Tres Palmas
Campers will fly in the night before camp sessions begins, and and will leave the morning of the last day of camp. In total, campers will be here a total of seven days.
You have a two primary options to reach Puerto Rico:
- We highly recommend that visitors (especially those flying from the US East Coast) utilize the Aguadilla Rafael Hernández Airport (BQN), only 20 minutes from Rincon and serviced daily by JetBlue, United and Spirit Airlines. (included in camp fee)
- If you’re on a tighter budget or flying from the west coast, you may choose to use the much larger San Juan International Airport (SJU) — but it requires that you drive approximately 2.5 hours to Rincon from metropolitan San Juan. (not included in camp fee)
- Transportation fees will vary depending on where campers are coming in; if campers are coming into Aguadilla, transportation fees are included in the pricing of the camp. If campers do fly into San Juan, fees may vary depending on choice of transportation.
For more please visit us at http://www.rinconsurfschool.com/